The Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County has issues a rabies alert for North Miami Beach area, after a cat was tested positive for Rabies. Rabies is a deadly virus, and can affect animals, including domestic animals and humans. Please make sure your pets are vaccinated for Rabies and other preventable diseases.
Important Precautions include:
– Keeping pets up to date on their Rabies vaccination.
– Keep pets under direct supervision so they do not come into contact with wild animals or strays.
– Do not handle, feed, or unintentionally attract wild animals, stray dogs/cats and feral animals.
– Never bring a wild animal to your home.
– Teach children never to handle unfamiliar animals, wild or domestic, even if they appear friendly.
*Source: The Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County.