Five reasons to vaccinate your puppy, in order to keep him healthy:
1. Vaccinations prevent many pet illnesses.
2. Vaccinations can help avoid costly treatments for diseases that can be prevented.
3. Vaccinations prevent diseases that can be passed not only from animal to animal but also from animal to human.
4. Diseases prevalent in wildlife, such as rabies and distemper, can infect unvaccinated pets.
5. Many areas, local or state ordinances require certain vaccinations of household pets.
Canine Vaccine Schedule
There are many fatal diseases of dogs. We have the vaccines that your puppy needs. Be aware, that certain vaccines must be given as a series of injections. Some vaccines need to be administered as early as 6-8 weeks of age, and repeated every 2-3 weeks until they have received 3-4 booster vaccines. By following these recommendations, we can help the immune system of your puppy to be ready to fight the disease. Most puppy vaccine series are finished at 4 months of age, when they are due for the Rabies vaccine. Furthermore, these vaccines will be booster a year after, and then every 3 years. We carry Ultra-low volume vaccines which are safer and not as uncomfortable as many full-volume vaccines.
Please call us or email us to discuss your puppy’s vaccine schedule.
As always, please consider getting Dog Insurance and Wellness plans. Call us so we can let you know what our doctor recommends.