Hurricane Matthew is now a Category 4, and chances are we are going to be getting some of its effects here in midtown Miami. As your veterinarian, I wanted to share some information that might be useful for you and your pet as we get prepared for this hurricane. If any after-hours emergencies occur, please call us for more information on our recommended 24/7 pet emergency clinics.
These are some of the recommendations:
– Have your pet’s medical and vaccination history in the emergency kit, including a current picture. Make sure your pet is microchipped and have the microchip number and information available. If your pet needs a microchip implanted please stop by our clinic.
– Have your pet wear his/her collar with the appropriate identification tag. Have the leash ready.
– If you have a small pet, have an appropriate carrier available, and ready with some bottles of water and enough food for several days.
– Have all your pet’s medications ready and get any refills as needed.
– Have phone numbers of your area’s animal shelter and animal services facilities as many lost pets may end up rescued and brought there.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call. Chances are, we may experience phone and power outages. If you can not reach us by phone at (786) 401-6303, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dr. Rivas and his team members will try to respond any questions as soon as possible.